The Township is responsible for providing a reliable supply of clean, safe drinking water to the residents within the service area of the Village of Sydenham.
Water bills are processed quarterly in March, June, September and December.
Landlords may choose to have bills sent directly to their tenant. To set this up the landlord must complete the Landlord & Tenant Bill Address form.
How is your bill calculated?
Quarterly water bills are made up of a flat rate and metered rate. The flat rate and the metered rate are determined by the class of property. For more information on the water rates, please consult our water rate bylaw.
The flat rate component of the bill is charged per Dwelling Unit Equivalent (DUE). The flat rate is applied to all accounts that are connected to, or required to connect to, the Sydenham Water Work system. The flat rate is set to cover capital replacement costs, fixed operating costs, as well as a portion of the volumetric costs.
The flat rate incorporates 54 cubic meters of water per quarter. Consumption charges are applied to accounts when usage exceeds 54 cubic meters on a quarterly basis.
Property owners are responsible for paying utilities, even if they have not received a bill. Failure to receive a bill does not prevent you from incurring penalty charges for late payment. All water arrear balances are transferred to the tax roll of the property 30 days after the due date.
- In Person - We accept Cash, Cheque or Debit at our municipal office located at 4432 George Street, Sydenham, ON
- By Mail - Cheques can be mailed to:
4432 George St
- At the Bank - Just take your stub from your bill to your local bank
- Online or Telephone Banking - To make payment online or by telephone just add South Frontenac Township as a payee. A select number of banks have agreed to allow internet and telephone payment of the water bills. Please contact your financial institution to find out if they are one of those banks and for setup information. Your online account number is your account number without the period. It should make 8 numerical characters ( i.e 000012.00 would be 00001200 for online payment)
- Pre-Authorized Payment - The Township offers a monthly payment plan and a quarterly payment plan. For more information or to enroll please see the Pre-Authorized Payment Application.
- By Credit Card - The Township offers the option to pay your water account by credit card on-line or pay by telephone 1-855-498-9976. Please note a service fee of 1.75% for Visa/Mastercard and 1.95% fir American Express of the payment amount for any credit card transaction (subject to a mininum fee of $3.50) is the responsibility of the credit card holder to pay.
Please note that Pre-Authorized payment plans must be cancelled in writing:
- in person at 4432 George Street, Sydenham, ON
- or by mail to:
- All returned payments will be subject to an NSF fee and any applicable penalties and charges.
Payment Application and late payment
Late payments are charged interest & penalty at a rate of 5.0% on the first day of default. If a balance remains outstanding 30 days past the due date, the balance will be transferred to the property tax account.
For payments mailed to the Township, the payment must be received on or before the due date to avoid penalties.
All payments are applied to penalty and interest first.
For questions about your water bill please email the Treasury Department , or by phone at (613) 376-3027 ext. 2223.
In case of an emergency, please contact Utilities Kingston at (613) 546-1181, 24hrs a day, 7 days a week.