Minus Resize text Plus     Print Icon  

Licensing of Refreshment Vehicles


By-law 2014-48 provides for the licensing, regulating and governing of transient traders, itinerant traders, vending in streets and refreshment vehicles. Click here for the by-law.

The Application specifies the requirements and letters of compliance that are needed. Click here for the application. The application is reviewed and issued by the Building Department. Applicants should allow 2-3 business days for the licensing to be completed once all required documentation has been filed with the township.

The fee for mobile eating establishments and/or seasonal stands is as follows:

1. Existing non-conforming use and occupation of commercially zoned land with an occupied building: $150.00

2. Occupation of commercially zoned land commercially with a vacant building: $300.00

3. Occupation of commercially zoned vacant land: $500.00

Approvals for the operation of refreshment vehicles, chip wagons etc are required from the following:

  • Fire Department, - Contact  Fire Chief Chesebrough at 613-376-3027 Ext 2234
  • Medical Officer of Health - Contact KFL & A Public Health at 613-549-1232 Ext 1231
  • A Certified Propane Fitter (see yellow pages)
  • And the land owner.