Request for Information
Many of the Township of South Frontenac's records are available without making a formal Freedom of Information request. Please search our website or contact the Township to determine whether or not a formal request is necessary.
If a formal request is necessary, you must submit your request to the Chief Administrative Officer.
Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA)
The purposes of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA) are,
- to provide a right of access to information under the control of municipalities in accordance with the principles that,
- information should be available to the public,
- necessary exemptions from the right of access should be limited and specific, and
- decisions on the disclosure of information should be reviewed independently of the municipality: and
- to protect the privacy of individuals with respect to personal information about themselves held by municipalities and to provide individuals municipalities a right to access to that information.
Formal Freedom of Information requests must include an application fee of $5.00.