As you settle into your new community there are a number of things to find out about.


See our "Churches" page.


For emergencies related to fire, ambulance or police, residents need to dial 9-1-1. 


See our "Schools" page. 

To enroll your child in the public school system, you will need to contact the Limestone District School Board  or you can call their main office at (613) 544-6920, 

To enroll your child in the separate school board, you will need to contact the Algonquin and Lakeshore Catholic District School Board. or you can call their main office at (613) 354-2255.

To enroll your child in the Public Separate School Board, contact Conseil des écoles publiques de l'Est de l'Ontario, 2445 St-Laurent Blvd, Ottawa ON   K1G 6C3 Phone: (613) 742-8960 or Toll-free: 1-888-332-3736, 

To enrol your child in the French Separate School Board, contact Conseil des écoles catholiques de langue français, 4000 Labelle St, Gloucester, Ontario K1J 1A1, Phone: 613 744-2555 or toll free: 1-888 230-5131.

For bus information you will need to contact Tri Board Transportation. You can call their offices at (6 13) 354-1981 or 1-866-569-6638. Their email is  

Health Care/Hospitals

Residents of South Frontenac typically utilize health care services in the City of Kingston, Smiths Falls/Perth and Napanee with respect to hospitals.

Kingston General Hospital,
76 Stuart St 
Kingston, ON
K7L 2V7,
Phone: (613) 549-6666,

Hotel Dieu Hospital,
166 Brock St,  
Kingston, ON
K7L 5G2,
Phone (613) 544-3310,

Lennox & Addington County General Hospital,
8 Richmond Park Dr,
Napanee ON,
K7R 2Z4,
Phone (613) 354-3301,

Perth and Smiths Falls District Hospital,
60 Cornelia St W  
Smiths Falls, ON
K7A 2H9,
Phone (613) 283-2330,

Frontenac Community Mental Health and Addiction Services,
385 Princess St,
Kingston ON
K7L 1B9
Phone: (613) 544-1356 or Toll Free 1-866-616-6005,

Kingston Frontenac Lennox & Addington Health Unit,
221 Portsmouth Avenue
Kingston, ON,
K7M 1V5,
Phone: 613-549-1232,


See our "Restaurants" page.


Most of South Frontenac is serviced by Hydro One . For emergencies and outages dial 1-800-434-1235, for customer inquiries dial 1-888-664-9376. Visit the Hydro One website to determine the status of power outages in your area.

Water and Sewer

With the exception of the village of Sydenham, all township residents are on separate wells.

All residential units in South Frontenac have their own septic systems. The approval for new, expanded and replacement sewage systems, in the Township of South Frontenac, North Frontenac, Central Frontenac and Frontenac Islands is carried out by our Building Officials. 

New applications and inquiries for sewage systems should be directed to Building staff via or 613-376-3027 X2226. See this page for more details.

phone icon Contact Us