By-law 2014-48 provides for the licensing, regulating and governing of transient traders, itinerant traders, vending in streets and refreshment vehicles. 

The Application specifies the requirements and letters of compliance that are needed.  The application is reviewed and issued by the Building Department

The fee for mobile eating establishments and/or seasonal stands is as follows:

1. Existing non-conforming use and occupation of commercially zoned land with an occupied building: $150

2. Occupation of commercially zoned land commercially with a vacant building: $300

3. Occupation of commercially zoned vacant land: $500

Approvals for the operation of refreshment vehicles, chip wagons etc. are required from the following:

  • Fire Department - Contact  at 613-376-3027
  • Medical Officer of Health - Contact KFL & A Public Health at 613-549-1232, extension 1231
  • A Certified Propane Fitter (see yellow pages)
  • And the land owner.



phone icon Contact Us