Private Pool (for Homes or Cottages)

Pool enclosure permit applications require the submission of a moderate amount of information and the checklist below identifies typical items that need to be supplied. 

Please feel free to contact the Building Department early in your design process if you are uncertain or require clarification of the permit application process.

The Township of South Frontenac required that private pools that are capable of holding 18 inches of water (this includes the blue inflatable ones) require a permit to be obtained before it is installed. 

All pools and their associated enclosures (fencing) that are applied for within the Township of South Frontenac are subject to a deposit of $500 that is paid for at the permit stage. This deposit is then released back to the applicant when all fencing or enclosures meet the requirements of the Pool By-law. For more information on the permitted fencing allowed around a pool installed within the Township, please refer to the Pool By-law. 

Pool Application Checklist

  1. A completed Swimming Pool Enclosure Permit Application
  2. Copy of Deed or recent property tax bill (proof of land ownership)
  3. Copy of survey or;
  4. Site/Plot plan indicating:
    • Civic address and/or legal description
    • Dimensions and area of the property
    • North indicator
    • Location and square footage of all existing structures on the property
    • Location of proposed pool, show distances to property lines, fence, pool pump and any existing buildings
    • Location of fence and all gates (self-closing/self-latching)
    • Location of all doors within walls of building proposed to form part of the Pool Enclosure
    • Location of any overhead wires on the property
    • Location of septic tank and tile bed and distance from proposed pool
    • Location of all existing easements/right-of-ways and swales
    • Location of adjoining street(s)
  5. A completed Swimming Pool Enclosure setback waiver form.
  6. Sewage System approval from Building Services (if required)
  7. Approval from Conservation Authority having jurisdiction (for properties along or near water)
  8. Approval from the South Frontenac Planning Department (if required)
  9. Agent authorization form (required if the property owner is not submitting the application)

If a deck is being built in conjunction with the pool, please refer to our deck permit package.  A separate building application for the deck will need to be submitted at the same time as the pool enclosure application. 



















































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































phone icon Contact Us